Surely you, too, no, no, yes, and attended the idea of starting your own business. And here you have already come up with a business plan, decided on the main priorities and principles, but you can’t “get started”. And if they decided, they are not sure that the result will be exactly what you expected. It’s all the fault of the “masculine” view of doing business, where, as the representatives of the stronger sex themselves assure, there is no place for women. Is it really? Passion.ru understood together with the expert.
Those who think that ladies cannot establish a successful business are wrong – they can, but only if they stop building themselves a “man in a skirt” and find their own special approach to managing their projects. No one argues, of course, that you don’t need to look back on the same men – it’s better to take as a basis what’s good at them and add your female tricks. We found out the details from our expert, consultant, business woman and author of subject books.
Numerous studies of scientists have shown that women are much easier to cope with multitasking than men. At the same time, ladies pay much attention to details, while the representatives of the stronger sex concentrate on common points. Yes, and women prefer to solve the conflict by negotiation and search for compromises, and men often show aggression, thereby heating the situation even more. Therefore, it is logical that they treat business differently. This does not mean that the methods of one or the other are more advantageous, often the fact that it is suitable for one sex may not work with the other and vice versa.
The main trick of doing business by women is to love what you do and enjoy not only the result, but also the process itself. Men, for example, are focused on numbers and analytics. But women – on the atmosphere. If you manage to achieve harmony between these two components, then your business will be quite successful and competitive.
author of books, founder of the first online school for promoting and selling on Instagram
Many business development experts agree that women regard many issues as a kind of game, in other words, they will get excitedly involved in the process if they feel joy from what they are doing and satisfaction from the final result. For example, ladies feel euphoria and joy from “I want,” but as soon as they replace this concept with “must,” then a woman “turns off” there and the development follows a different scenario. Feel the difference between “I want to do business” and “We must do business”? From the second option blows a certain weight and responsibility, agree?
We offer to figure out how to properly ladies build a successful business, without “turning off” their femininity at the same time? And what should those individuals who dream of their business do, but are afraid to try, because they are not sure about the result?
Key points to help you build the right processes:
- Highlight the main processes of your business. Often, in pursuit of the result, people do not notice the process itself and, accordingly, do not get joy from what they are doing. Try to shift the focus, noticing important points that you may not have paid attention to before.
- Make it a rule instead of “sell” use “offer”. Sell, crush, convince – the prerogative of men who are accustomed to seek their own rigidity, intractability and perseverance. And “offer” – it sounds softer and more comfortable. Many ladies, for example, are initially shy of “selling” something, it makes them leave the comfort zone and feel insecure. Therefore, you can accustom yourself to the fact that you do not “sell / impose” something, but offer.
- Remember that your team is your family. Appreciate and respect the people with whom you work. Your business is not a place where employees should feel ill at ease, being afraid to offer something, because they think that they will either be fired or simply not taken seriously. There should be a place for dialogue, support and opportunity. It is the woman who sets the atmosphere and it depends on her whether mutual understanding and support will reign in the team, or everyone will be here for himself, betraying and substituting at every step. Remember this when you build relationships in a team, and at the same time that the prerogative of a woman (no matter what position she is in) is to maintain comfort and give joy (to herself and others). And if you have your own business, then this is no reason to give up what brings you joy and include masculine qualities. So you will not become more courageous and successful, believe me.
- Try to unplug the boss at home. As soon as you open the door to the apartment, try to immediately exit the “commander” mode and provide an opportunity for your partner to guide and take care of you. Very often, ladies forget that at home they, above all, are the keepers of the hearth and continue to play their part, which, of course, may not please their men. Therefore, leave your team tone and habits for work, and at home, try to relax and fully rely on your chosen one. If possible, do not work at home – even if you have a free (or remote) schedule, then choose a cafe as your workplace and so on. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to “switch” between roles.
- Do not forget about your family. Regardless of how successful you are, remember that for your family you are, first of all, a beloved woman, husband, mother. Therefore, learn how to correctly allocate your time, so that it is enough for working moments, and to communicate with loved ones. Many ladies, for example, are already confident in advance that they will not be able to find free time for themselves and their families, that they will devote almost 24 hours to business development. It is this installation that prevents them from achieving impressive results and taking their project to a new level.
To decide what exactly slows down this process, it is enough to answer two basic questions:
- How do I feel in relation to those who managed to successfully combine business and family?
- What attitudes prevent me from harmoniously combining work and communication with relatives?
- If, when answering the first question, you feel jealous of those individuals who succeeded in this, then you need to try to channel this energy into a creative channel. After all, if you are jealous, it means you are not happy for another person, and, perhaps, even wish him all kinds of troubles. And although feelings are not customary to evaluate, they still exist and it is necessary to learn how to accept and live them. Envy may be due to the fact that in childhood your parents constantly compared you with someone, and this was not in your favor. Learn to consciously rejoice over those who came to success and achieved a little more than you. And try to “include” your family in the business process. Then you will see that your fear was far-fetched and you are doing great.
The main rules of a successful business:
- Think of success (imagine it), and do not tune yourself to failure from the very beginning.
- Love your job, and do not do it just because it is “necessary”. It still does not lead to anything good.
- Think of your strengths and actively use it in the process.
- Do not give up your goals, even if someone will convince you that they fail. Just believe in yourself!
- Grow, learn and “update” your contacts. Do not “lock yourself up” in yourself, meet new people and improve your skills.
- Learn self-discipline and hard work. Your employees can leave the office, as soon as the clock at 7:00 pm, and you should be constantly involved in the process (even when you’re at home turning off a business woman, you should still be aware of what’s happening in your company ).
- Plan! Many ignore this point and in vain. Planning helps not to lose sight of anything important and to react in time to certain changes (for example, by finding an alternative).