How to restore potency at home – this question is asked by many men. Before you go to the doctor, why not try to fix the problem yourself? In this article, we will explore the available methods for self-medication.
What is potency
By and large, potency and erection are practically the same thing. They talk about potency only in relation to men. There is no such concept in the physiology of women. Potency is the physical readiness of the male genital organ for intercourse.
With sexual arousal, a man develops an erection, the penis increases in size, acquires firmness, which makes it possible to perform frictions (movements) during coitus (sexual intercourse). Let’s figure out why such metamorphoses occur with the male member.
The mechanism of an erection
The erectile tissue of the penis consists of the cavernous (cavernous) bodies, they are filled with blood, increasing the size of the penis, expanding it and providing the necessary firmness. The duration and strength of an erection are a consequence of the blood pressure in the corpus cavernosum. When the penis is at rest, the blood pressure is very low. During blood flow to the cavernous bodies, blood circulation increases by about 25 times. The pressure rises significantly.
The cavernous bodies filled with arterial blood press on the veins and they are partially compressed, although they do not completely overlap. But the message of the bladder and urethra overlaps and this makes urination impossible.
It is the blood pressure in the corpora cavernosa that affects the stability of the erection. If it is stable, the blood flow and outflow are the same, the hardness of the penis does not change. As soon as the venous outflow begins to prevail, the erection decreases. Ejaculation increases venous return and erection disappears after ejaculation.
When the work of the vessels is disrupted, then blood circulation suffers, the outflow will prevail even without reaching orgasm and ejaculation. To activate blood flow to the penis, the brain must receive a signal from the nervous system. Such a signal comes through a neural network. It weakens the resistance of the muscles and the corpus cavernosum is filled with blood.
After sex, the male body needs time to recover – a period of refraction. At a young age, this period is very short. The older the man, the longer the refraction. At about 40 years old, she approaches three o’clock.
Reasons for a decrease in potency
Health status affects potency. There are many reasons for its decline. Often:
- Disruptions in the production of hormones, especially testosterone.
- Diabetes mellitus and its vascular complications.
- Obesity. With a mass of more than 90 kg, the production of testosterone and other male sex hormones decreases. Junk food, according to doctors, contributes to the deterioration of erectile function.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Diseases of the liver.
- Bacterial infections.
- Bad habits: alcohol abuse, smoking, drugs.
- Improper diet, leading to a lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.
- A sedentary lifestyle, when a man sits motionless for most of the day (gamers, office workers, etc.) and there is a banal systematic violation of blood flow in the pelvic organs. Add extra weight to this and get blood stagnation.
- Vascular diseases that impair blood circulation, stagnation of blood in the vessels.
- Psychological problems: depression, stress, anxiety, fatigue. Sometimes psycho-emotional stress before waiting for a meeting, fear of intimacy.
- Adenoma of the prostate is a benign enlargement of the prostate that affects many men after 50-60 years of age. The disease is accompanied by prostatitis against the background of a decrease in hormonal levels and erectile dysfunction.
Ways to restore potency on your own
It is possible to restore masculine strength on its own if the man is healthy enough, does not have irreversible complications from a bunch of concomitant diseases and does not take a bunch of drugs (which themselves can reduce potency). There are many ways for this, everyone chooses suitable for himself, based on the state of health and the severity of erectile dysfunction, the duration of sexual abstinence.
To increase an erection on an intimate date, medications and folk remedies are used that create a rush of blood to the genitals. For a complete cure and a stable increase in potency, an integrated approach is needed: rejection of bad habits, proper nutrition, exercise, attention to psychological health.
Pharmacy remedies for potency
Single men often wonder how to restore masculine strength before dating a potential partner.
In order not to “fly through” with an erection at the right time, medications for male strength are taken an hour before sex. These drugs include Viagra, Cialis, Levitra. These medications have a long lasting effect, the effect can last up to one and a half days. You can buy it at the pharmacy and without a prescription, but before using it, be sure to consult a doctor. The tablets have contraindications associated with disruption of the cardiovascular system, their use is strictly prohibited after a heart attack.
Tablets and dietary supplements, vitamins to restore potency
Lack of vitamins, minerals and other micro- and macroelements entails disruption of the reproductive system.
Vitamin A is very important for men. Due to its effect to slow down aging and speed up metabolism, it will help normalize hormone production. With normal production of testosterone and other male sex hormones, good potency returns. Vitamin A promotes blood flow to the pelvic organs, and is also a means of preventing prostate cancer.
Vitamins B1 and B2 affect muscle activity and the functioning of the nervous system, on which an erection depends. Their presence in the diet is necessary to improve the functioning of the genitourinary system.
Vitamin D restores normal hormone production, including testosterone.
Nicotinic acid reduces the production of “excess” cholesterol, which improves blood circulation. A man needs cholesterol to synthesize hormones, but its amount should not exceed the norm. Otherwise, it begins to be deposited on the walls of blood vessels, forming sclerotic plaques and obstructing blood flow.
B6, B9 prevent vasospasm, have a beneficial effect on the nervous system and blood circulation, restore normal sperm production.
Folic acid supports the nervous system and prevents the onset of “psychological” impotence.
Vitamin C strengthens the walls of blood vessels and gives tone to muscles, is involved in many life processes.
- Sealex – the drug contains plant extracts with a mutually reinforcing effect: yohimbe bark, green tea, ginseng root, licorice root, dwarf palm fruits, allicin (from garlic), as well as a number of B vitamins, zinc oxide, folic acid and L-arginine.
- Impaza is a homeopathic remedy aimed at increasing male strength.
- Vuka-vuka, contains extracts of African herbs and is taken 5 hours before intimacy in order to increase potency. It is also included in the long-term therapy regimens – 2 tablets for a month.
- Vimax – a dietary supplement containing ginseng and ginkgo biloba, restores blood circulation in the small pelvis. For a stable result, take a month and a half, two tablets a day.
- Erectogen also increases blood flow in the pelvis. Take a month in a capsule.
Preparations for local potency
Topical preparations are dosage forms that are applied externally (topically), they usually do not act systemically on the entire body and do not cause side effects. Topical preparations include ointments, creams, sprays, gels, etc.
Three popular remedies:
- Maxoderm is a cream for increasing potency. Country of origin – America. Contains extract of dwarf palm, ginseng, green tea, nettle. Apply to the penis shortly before intimacy, with light massaging movements. For a long, lasting result, the drug should be used in courses, according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor. The effect is cumulative. By reducing the tone of the vessels in the penis, local blood flow improves and the erection improves.
- Titan-gel has a similar effect. Pronounced results after 2-3 weeks of application, the effect is cumulative.
- “Falloston”, a gel made from ingredients of animal origin. The course of therapy is 10 days.
- Eromax is a lubricant gel in small disposable tubes. Increases arousal and improves erection.
- Khimkolin comes in two forms – cream and ointment. Thanks to herbal ingredients, it increases the sensitivity of the penis and prolongs erection. The drug acts almost instantly. The course lasts a month.
Alternative (folk) medicine
Experienced herbalists recommend making infusions, tinctures, decoctions from plants themselves. Making them is not difficult and cost effective:
- The recipe with Aloe is simple in execution: to prepare a potency increasing agent, you need to take 100 ml of aloe juice, juice of five lemons, half a kilogram of honey and the same amount of walnuts. Grind all ingredients in a blender, mix, take a tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- Eleutherococcus tincture is known for its adaptogenic effect and pronounced effect on potency. It must be taken half a teaspoon before meals three times a day.
- Calamus ordinary is used for poor erection. It is taken as a setting three times a day, two tablespoons before meals.
- Ginseng, Golden Root (Radiola Rosea) – these are legendary herbs for increasing tone, including sexual. The root of the month insist on vodka and take 20 drops of the setting three times a day. Can be added to tea. Take about a third of a bottle of finely chopped ginseng root or pink radiola, fill it with vodka or alcohol diluted to 40 degrees. After a month, the tincture can be drained, and the plants can be poured with vodka again. The content of active substances is so high that their extraction will continue. Regular intake of such tinctures will help restore potency and forget about problems in sex for a long time.
- Ginger tea is a great way to improve blood flow to your pelvic organs.
The effectiveness of the funds can be checked by the reviews on the forums.
Healing baths are also referred to as non-traditional treatment or physical therapy. They improve blood flow to the pelvic organs. Mummy baths are very effective. Add 10 grams to the water. mummy, take half an hour for three weeks. A wide variety of herbal and salt compositions with essential oils for taking men’s baths are on sale.
Shilajit is a rich mineral complex of natural origin. Looks like a resinous substance, strengthens the immune system and normalizes the work of the male reproductive system. Mumiyo is drunk in pill form for a month. Recommended for use with blueberry juice and honey.
Massage is a fairly effective method of improving erection. To increase the level of male sex hormones, it is necessary to regularly massage the testicles, this will help restore potency. This manipulation is carried out one hour after a meal and a warm shower.
The testicular massage technique is simple:
- Grasp the testicles with your palms, knead for five minutes;
- raise the penis with one hand, pull the testicles with the other, repeat ten times;
- gently “squeeze” the testicles from the base of the scrotum, while stretching the skin, massage the testicles.
Testicular massage should not be painful. Excessive effort can be harmful.
The following massage techniques are equally productive:
- Hand massaging the penis from base to head.
- Pops around the anus. When clapping, you need to raise the testicles to the pubis and squeeze for half a minute without pain.
- Straining the buttocks and lifting the penis for a minute.
Lack of physical activity affects reproductive function quite strongly. With daily training, the likelihood of regaining its former potency increases significantly.
Exercises that have a positive effect on male strength:
- The well-known exercises “Birch” or “Bicycle” well restore blood flow, which means they increase erection. Daily exercise for a minute is an excellent prevention of impotence.
- Raising the pelvis in a supine position with an emphasis on the heels eliminates problems with sex and restores potency, trains the pelvic muscles, improves endurance and sex technique.
- Plie squats improve blood flow.
- Kegel exercises are a whole science aimed at sexual training, preventing impotence, prolonging the time of coitus due to good potency.
Food products, vitamins to help restore potency
Products containing zinc are very helpful in promoting testosterone production and improving erections. Oysters, dark chocolate, liver, nuts contain zinc.
Chromium deficiency causes neuralgic problems in the reproductive organs. Male strength returns when added to the diet of cheese, grape and orange juice, fish, shrimp, raisins.
Selenium is an important element, the lack of which leads to infertility. It is found to a high degree in porcini mushrooms, sea fish, semolina, rice and peas, garlic, eggs and bread.
Walnuts are considered almost the second Viagra. They are rich in protein, trace elements and vitamins.
Prevention of impotence
To maintain male strength, you must follow the same rules that help restore potency:
- Physical activity, yoga, gymnastics contribute to general health improvement, strengthening of male functions.
- Proper nutrition is the key to maintaining male strength. A sufficient amount of vital substances contained in the diet maintains the required level of hormones, vascular tone, and the production of high-quality sperm. Men who follow the rules of healthy lifestyle rarely suffer from prostatitis.
- Massage is an excellent preventive measure. Regular massage will prevent the onset of stagnant prostatitis.
- Aphrodisiacs are substances that improve sexual activity. Their use increases libido and normalizes hormones.
Erectile dysfunction can affect every man. It is worth starting with over-the-counter treatments, herbal medicine, and home-based activities. In the absence of positive dynamics, you should consult a doctor.
It is more difficult to restore potency than to maintain it at the proper level. It is never too early to engage in the prevention of impotence, even if at the moment nothing bothers you and sexual activity is at its best.